Monday, August 31, 2009

Off The Grid

Okay, so you may have noticed I didn't post for a couple days. My family and I live off the grid. That means we run off solar power. The last couple days we have been very cloudy and were not getting good solar charge so I wasn't able to be on the computer. The up side is I don't have an electric or water bill because we use solar power. We also don't have a heating bill because we use a wood stove to warm our home.

Another cool thing about solar power is it forces you to use your time wisely and to think about what you need and want to do and when you need to do it so your not using lots of power when your not getting good solar charge. The next thing we want to do is put in one or two wind mills.
We do have a generator for back up power but we try not to use it in the summer. Once we get the windmills we will hardly ever need use our generator.

I don't like using the generator because fuel is expensive and it pollutes the air and I like clean air. Anyway, done for now will post tomorrow if we have clear skies. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment