Sunday, September 13, 2009

Hey, how's it going for you? We're doing okay despite a crummy economy. Right now our time is taken up with making sure our backup generator is tuned up and ready to go as well as our chainsaw.

The other issue taking up our time is a cougar spotting on property. I'm hoping he will leave our animals alone and go away of his own free will. There have been a couple sightings of the cougar on our property. We didn't see the cougar, but the people who did say he is a young male. The concern is he may not be a great hunter yet and we don't want him to practice on our animals. I really don't want the cougar to be hurt, but not everyone in our community feels the same. Plus I might not feel the same if he hurt one of our animals or a person.

A lot of the ranchers out here freak out if you mention wolves, but I will admit to feeling excited at the possibilities of seeing a wolf whether on our property or someone elses. To me Wolves are gorgeous animals and so smart. Ok, well for now I must to do some household chores (big sigh), I hate housework.

No comments:

Post a Comment